Join us in honoring the longest night and the departure from darkness at Shy Acre Farm.
All inclusive programming for both days:
$10 / person
$10 / person
$25 / group of 3
Saturday, December 18th,
Community Art Farm Collaboration, 1-4pm
Listen Earth Altar Adornment
Local Art and Gift Booths
Tuesday December 21,
Celebration of Light, 2-6:30 pm
- Guided by Maytrelli Diaz at Luminary Labyrinth with bell ceremony and central altar creative contribution
- Co-Led by farm artists Celine Santiago at Luminary Labyrinth and Adrianna Santiago at the Listen Earth Art Altar in collaboration with Sarah, Chloe and Ayla Lenoard-Stephens
- Cookies and Hot Beverages by local Chef Grace Love
- Poetry given by Robert Komishane
- Community Song Share led by Suzanne Jones
- Invocation and Myth Making led by Zhaleh Almaee
- Meditative Luminary Labyrinth Walks
- Little Curious Seed Art House – ongoing exhibit of “collective kindred spirit” altar welcoming wheat past contributions of beloveds who have passed
In celebration of the longest hours of darkness, we gleefully invite you to light up the night at our 1st Annual Winter Solstice Celebration.
Community participation is central to creating an abundant display of light on the hillside. Tell your family and friends!
To accommodate this event’s popularity, we are extending this offering. Please email us to schedule a time after December 21st.
After signing up, we will send you an email to confirm the booking and send you:
Luminary-art-making tips to build your own…
The cultural history of the winter solstice that inspires our festivity… and directions to the shadow art play kit!
If you have questions please email [email protected]